4.10.2010

escapism

I have been working every evening, and the days have been spent getting off book for a new play. Today I start a new job at a vintage store in Soho, where I get to look at lots of pretty dresses and help other people try them on. Lots of work, and a little play thrown in. It's a hustle though and I regret not having the time to really soak in the pleasure of being in the present moment: working on building a new life. I read on NPR today that Poland basically lost all of their government officials, the president and his wife in a single plane crash to Russia. In other news, an American woman sent the young boy she adopted BACK to Russia! WHAT?! She said she was unaware of a number of developmental delays the young boy was suffering from. So she sent him BACK...like he was a dress that was two sizes to small. Now Russia is threatening to cease child adoption with the U.S. Then I think about the fact that in a day the temperature has dropped thirty degrees and that glaciers are melting and soon we'll be seeing polar bears floating down the Hudson.

Which is when I start to dream of going here:


And riding a


down a gorgeous


to my little


where I'm made sweet love to by


after he promises to pay off all my



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend, so glad you stopped by! Drop me a line...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...