11.16.2011



I am wrapped in the cocoon of my room, listening to cars swipe down the wet streets outside.  I'm filled with the kind of satisfaction that comes out of knowing that if I venture out into the rain it will be out of desire, rather than necessity. And then there's my bed -- a beautiful tumble of down, quilted blanket, and sheets; my imprint still warming the corner I slept in. The temptation to get back in is overwhelming, but, alas there are things to do, decisions to make, people to love, life to get on with.  It's the kind of day where staying in one's pajamas seems apt, if not entirely practical.


I do find it funny though - that strange divide between wanting to wake-up and wanting to stay in bed, and how some of the biggest choices we make in life, start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend, so glad you stopped by! Drop me a line...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...