11.09.2011

gratitude/home



I've returned to New York from my run at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park - leaving my little makeshift artistic family of two months to return to my biological family in Tarrytown for a time... Transplanting one's self every two to three months can be jarring;  being in a constant state of flux is never easy.  But I have to say that for now, movement and transition is teaching me to detach from the the things that are superficial (unfamiliar apartments, foreign cutlery, a bed that isn't mine) and to deepen a connection with the things that are truly grounding; authentic relationships, the present moment, and a good dose of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.  The sweet things in life are often surprising, colorful, complex, delicious, and heartening.  The past couple of months away certainly have been for me, but for the moment, it's good to be home.

By the way, I do not jest about Jeni's Ice Cream - made in Colombus, OH it is truly some of the best and sweetest stuff life has to offer.  Here's a taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend, so glad you stopped by! Drop me a line...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...